If you are a full-time enrolled student at the University of California, Berkeley, you are eligible to apply. We meet every other week for one hour, with more frequency toward the end of the semester. Our regular meeting time is to be decided, but we do our best to accommodate all staff members’ availability when scheduling our meetings.
We are currently recruiting for:
- One (1) social media manager
- One (1) content coordinator
- One (1) copy editor
- Peer reviewers (no limit)
- Social Media Manager: Responsible for running our organization’s Facebook group. Expand our social media presence in order to foster participation in our essay contests; recruit for submissions; and ultimately read our final product. Works closely with content coordinators.
- Content Coordinator: Responsible for recruiting for submissions. This includes making flyers and distributing them around campus; tabling on Sproul during the week of the final submission deadline; visiting classes; and emailing professors and campus club leaders. Works closely with the social media manager.
- Copy Editor: Responsible for editing submissions for grammar, clarity, and length. Workload will be light in the beginning of the semester, picking up in late October and continuing through November. Works closely with peer reviewers.
- Peer Reviewer: Responsible for reviewing submissions for research papers for bias, measurement error, methods, etc. Not required to attend meetings. Workload will be light in the beginning of the semester, picking up in late October and continuing through November. Works closely with copy editors.
- Social Media Manager: Interest and experience using social platforms (specifically Facebook) to reach target audiences.
- Content Coordinator: Comfortable approaching people in-person or via email. Skilled in public speaking. Interest in marketing and/or advertising.
- Copy Editor: Demonstrated ability to review submissions for grammar and clarity. Prior editing experience heavily preferred. Econometrics background preferred, but not required.
- Peer Reviewer: Successful completion of a course in econometrics, such as Econ 140, Econ 141, or Econ 142.
For more information, and to meet returning staff members, please attend the Undergraduate Economics Association’s First General Meeting on Thursday, September 1, 2016 from 7pm to 9pm in 648 Evans Hall (RSVP here).
To apply, please fill out this Google form. The application deadline in Monday, September 5, 2016 at 11:59pm. Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If the number of applications exceeds the number of openings for a certain position, we may decide to schedule an interview with you. We will send out acceptances and/or interview requests by Wednesday, September 7, 2016. If you have any questions, please contact us.